The Groundwork (TM)
Career Self-Motivation Mastery Course
Course description: This program has two separate tracks (positioning and intervention) with total of seven courses that are taught on-site in a 4-week class (16 hours) or a self-paced online class. The classes are designed to teach all the foundational essentials for making effective and timely decisions which is an essential skill for success. Mastery of this skill influences all aspects of our day-to-day life as well as strategic planning. In this course, developed by Dr. Valerie Murphy, individuals will learn to hone decision-making skills by following a methodology based on tested actions and sound approaches. Individuals will leave this course better equipped to confidently tackle any decision large or small, and do so in a way that creates the optimal conditions for success. All seven (7) classes must be completed in order to receive the Mastery Certificate.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS:
- Respond decisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Determine the most important features of the decision you need to make, based on the setting and the context
- Recognize talent factors in yourself that affect decision quality
- Incorporate available information into decisions, with an awareness of the limitations of that information
- Establish responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure effective followthrough on decisions made through goal setting
There is no prerequisite for taking The Groundwork course.
Foundational and Behavioral Source for Success